In order to honor outstanding achievements in the field of APA in Europe the European Federation of Adapted Physical Activity (EUFAPA) calls for nominations for EUFAPA awards! These will be announced during the next European Congress (EUCAPA) to be held 3-5 July 2018 in Worcester, UK.
EUFAPA Awards are conferred in 3 categories:
- EUFAPA-European Professional Award for outstanding achievements
The contribution to the field of APA can be achieved by acquisitions in research or professional activities or in sport competition. The candidate will be selected by the EUFAPA award committee following to nominations / applications from European countries. The call for nominations will be published at the EUFAPA website. The nomination letter for this award should include a one page (300-word) biographical sketch of the individual, highlighting major accomplishments. Please submit nominations by June 1st, 2018 to EUFAPA past-president Martin Kudláček (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- EUFAPA-Award for outstanding achievements on national level (of the hosting country)
The contribution to the field of APA can be achieved by acquisitions in research or professional activities or in sport competition – this year from the United Kingdom! The candidate will be selected by the national (award/organizing) committee. Please submit nominations by June 1st, 2018 to EUCAPA 2018 secretary Ken Black (EUCAPA2018@worc.ac.uk).
- EUFAPA-young investigator award
This award will award the best orally presented paper at EUCAPA 2018.
The criteria for submission are the following:
- Submission of an abstract for an oral presentation in the congress as first author (ev. + promoters’ name)
- Participation and presentation in the congress.
- Age limit: under 40ys.
- The paper should not have been published before (original).
- The presenter might present his/her master or doctoral thesis or his/her work after PhD (not longer than 3 years).
Extended criteria for selection:
- 25% on the quality of the abstract
- 50 % on the quality of the presentation (content related: aim(s), method(s), results, discussion, conclusions; framework related: length, structure, visualization, language, etc.)
- 25% on reaction to questions from committee or audience
The candidates will be selected among their applications for the award which should be done together with the submission of the abstract for the congress presentation by the EUFAPA award committee. The award includes an awarding document, a EUFAPA honoring plaque and the waiving of the fee for the next EUCAPA.