EUPEA, DCU and our partners below are delighted to share with you the news of the success of the application Disentangling inclusion in Primary Physical Education (DIPPE) in our recent Erasmus + KA201 March 2018 call. The project aims to create a central access point for generalist primary school teachers and student teachers to access information, teaching strategies and resources to support including all children in physical education lessons in mainstream primary schools via the development of an online ‘toolkit’. The project will commence 1 December 2018 until 31 May 2021 (30 months).
The partners are
- University of Luxembourg Luxembourg
- Dublin City University Ireland
- European Physical Education Association (EUPEA) Switzerland
- The Hague University of Applied Sciences The Netherlands
- University of Trnava Slovakia
- University of Edinburgh UK
- University of Valladolid Spain
- Institute of Technology Tralee Ireland (the first third level institution in the world to receive a UNESCO Chair in Inclusive Physical Education, Sport, Fitness and Recreation)
- Associate Partner 1: European Primary Physical Education Network (EPPEN) (European initial teacher educators network)
- Associate Partner 2: Irish Primary Physical Education Association Ireland (IPPEA) (primary generalist teachers association)
- Associate Partner 3: Scottish Association of Teachers of Physical Education (SATPE) Scotland
Events are planned in each partner country, hosted by national partners, to disseminate the final ‘toolkit’. The first task, in the New Year, will call for your assistance to share with us your work on inclusion in physical education by completing an online questionnaire.
We look forward to this Erasmus+ journey with you.