The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in their regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
Position Salary Information:
Initial maximum salary placement is based on academic degree, upper/graduate level units earned, and/or related professional occupational experience per the Los Rios College Federation of Teachers (LRCFT) contract Article 2 (The initial maximum placement is Class V, Step 8).
The instructional assignment may include, but is not limited to:
- Teaching Adapted Physical Education activity classes and/or classes within the core curriculum of Fitness and Kinesiology.
- Community outreach and student recruitment.
- Overseeing and training of student assistants.
- Monitoring student enrollment status and assist with completing measurable progress forms.
- Evaluating and maintaining of equipment and supplies.
The instructional assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend, and/or off-campus classes.
Work Year: 164 days
- Have a master’s degree from an accredited institution, completed by August 22, 2019, in Physical Education, Exercise Science, Education with an emphasis in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Physiology of Exercise, or Adaptive Physical Education; OR, have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, completed by August 22, 2019, in Physical Education, Exercise Science, Education with an emphasis in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Physiology of Exercise, or Adaptive Physical Education, AND have a master’s degree in any Life Science, Dance, Physiology, Health Education, Recreation Administration, or Physical Therapy, AND have 15 semester units of upper division or graduate study in Adapted Physical Education; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
- Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
- Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation and/or professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
- If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications listed above, you are requested to submit this equivalency statement.
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
- Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
- Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letter of Interest
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
- Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Salary: $46,470 to $77,043 annually. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overload, and stipends. LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information
Entering annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and experience. Candidates not holding a master’s degree may start at a salary lower than posted above.
Posting Date: 01/23/2019
Closing Date: 02/27/2019
Open Continuously: No
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Full-Time, Tenure-Track Position
Beginning on or about August 22, 2019.
For more details visit : https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/10767