The International Paralympic Committee (IC) offers the position of a full-time World Para Swimming Classification, Co-brdinator (f/m/x) in an international and multicultural team at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting as soon as possible.
World Para Swimming (WPS) is the department within the IPC responsible for the administration and growth of Para swimming worldwide. WPS is committed to providing Para athletes with opportunities to showcase their abilities and achieve sporting excellence. Para swimming is practised internationally in nearly 100 countries and has featured in every edition of the Paralympic Games, growing into one of the biggest and most attractive sports.
The World Para Swimming Classification Co-ordinator reports to the Head of World Para Swimming and will be responsible for supporting the development of classification, training and development initiatives and delivery of the WPS classification portfolio. For further information about World Para Swimming classification please visit: www.paralympic.org/swimming/classification
•Co-ordinate the international classification calendar and activities in Para swimming, including providing onsite support as required.
• Maintain Para swimming classification database for all classification and related matters.
• Assist in developing and maintaining classification documents (e.g. rules and regulations, forms).
•Conduct day-to-day administrative activities for Para swimming classification operations and act as a contact person to the membership.
• Support the planning and delivery of training and development for existing and new classifiers, officials and volunteers.
Ensure WPS compliance with the IPC Classification Code.
Build effective relationships with the Head of Classification, the classification working groups, the volunteer classifier workforce and’key stakeholders.
• Report regularly on the progress of the classification activity.
Work closely with the Competitions team to ensure the planning and
delivery of events are streamlined.
• Expertise and/or experience in the field of classification and/or Para sport;
•Experience of delivering training and development workshops/sessions.
• Experience working with volunteers; and
• Proficiency in additional languages considered an asset.
For submmit applications and more information, visit the following link: Vacancy World Para Swimming Classification Co-ordinator