You are now a paid member of IFAPA.
Thank you for making payment for becoming a member or renewing your membership in the International Federation of Adapted Physical Activity (IFAPA).
Your payment has been made and the transaction completed. Payment transaction details will be emailed to you. If you paid through your PayPal account, you may log into your PayPal account to view transaction details.
You are a member of the only worldwide organization with a unique mission of advocating and promoting a combination of physical education, recreation and sport for individuals with disabilities. As a member, you have access to the following benefits:
- Reduced rates for the forthcoming International Symposium of Adapted Physical Activity (ISAPA 2021), Jyvaskyla, Finland.
- Discount for printed subscription to the Official Journal of IFAPA – Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly. To avail of the discount, kindly sent Human Kinetics (www.humankinetics.com) a message stating “IFAPA members deal for APAQ” in the subject line.
- Possible reduced rates for regional APA conferences. Contact your regional representative for more details.
- Right to vote at the General Assembly.
- Direct access through email for the latest IFAPA newsletter – (Please complete the form at the bottom of this page to submit).
Our organization is composed of hundreds of worldwide leaders in the fields of adapted physical activity and disability rights. We also have strong affiliations with Special Olympics International and the International Paralympics Committee, and are members of the International Council of Sport Science and Physical Education (ICSSPE). Our members have worked with the United Nations as well as governments to promote and facilitate physical activity among individuals with disabilities.
Several IFAPA members are editors or serve on the editorial boards of important APA-focused journals including Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly, Palaestra, and the European Journal of Adapted Physical Activity. These and other IFAPA members are eager to collaborate on research projects and share their knowledge and expertise with you. We encourage you to join our IFAPA Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/45328601101/) and connect with us on twitter (@ifapanet).
You are also now eligible to submit a proposal to present at our biennial International Symposium on Adapted Physical Activity (ISAPA). The next conference will be held in 2021 in Finland. ISAPA attracts approximately 400-600 professionals and students from around the world who come to share their research and information about their programs, learn about cutting-edge ideas, and interact and engage with others with common interests
Again, greetings and welcome to IFAPA and please let me know how I can be of service!
David Legg, Ph.D.
President International Federation of Adapted Physical Activity
Professor, Department of Health and Physical Education
Mount Royal University,
Calgary, AB, Canada, T3E 6K6
Submit details for the newsletter
Details for where you would like the newsletter to be sent to