The 2nd Global Design Challenge is here
Supporting the creation and development of innovative ideas from around the world that enable people of all ages and abilities to lead active healthy lives.
21st-27th June 2021
€20,000 in prizes
1st Place Development Grant* to the value of €10,000
2nd Place Development Grant* to the value of €5,000
3rd Place Development Grant* to the value of €2,500
4th Place Development Grant* to the value of €1,000
5th, 6th and 7th Place Development Grants* to the value of €500 (3)
1. Registration for the competition: Opens June 7. During this time you can register and will get access to webinars and other resources to help you develop your submission. Registration can take place until the end of the competition on June 27.
2. Competition: June 21–June 27. You and your team will analyse the challenge you see in sport and physical activity and create innovative solutions to submit to the judging panel by 17h00 GMT on June 27.
3. Judging: June 28–June 30. All submissions will be judged by a panel of international experts and a shortlist of 25 teams will be announced. Those who are not selected in the top 25 will be given guidance on possible next steps.
4. Awards: July 2. The judges will select and announce the 7 winners of the Development Grants.
5. Mentor webinar: During week of 12 July. All 25 shortlisted teams will have access to mentoring from experts to prepare to showcase their idea to potential partners.
6. Matching: July. The top 25 teams will have the opportunity to approach and be approached by partners and investors to develop their ideas further.
7. Incubation: August onwards. Team/ideas finding partners and/or investors will continue to develop their ideas towards implementation.
Register as an individual or a team through https://gdc2021.devpost.com/