A new set of guidelines in Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) in academic journals has been released as a collaboration between different international organizations.
These guidelines provide suggestions about actions to support EDI in academic Journals, and guidance for editors, editorial board members, and publishers on how to critically reflect on embedding EDI within journals.
The document presents suggestions divided into different sections including:
- Increment of Diversity at Reviewer, Editorial Board, Associate Editor, Editor, and Award, Adjudication Committee Member Levels.
- Transparent Guidelines and Expectations.
- EDI Training and Encourage Reflexivity.
- Inclusion of Multiple Voices in Processes and Outputs.
- Journal Accessibility.
The suggestions of this new guideline were developed with contributions from members of the following societies:
- The British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences.
- The British Psychological Society.
- European Federation of Sport Psychology.
- International Federation of Adapted Physical Activity.
- North American Society for the Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity.
- International Society of Qualitative research in Sport and Exercise.
- The Canadian Society for Psychomotor Learning and Sport Psychology.
Here you can find Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in Academic Journals guidelines: