A new version of the Master in Adapted Physical activity is offered by San Sebastian University, in the city of Concepcion, Chile. Led by Dr. Cristian Luarte, the goal of this program is to prepare professionals with advanced knowledge in the field of study of physical activity and adapted sport, integrating science and research, to contribute to the improvement of the quality of life and biopsychosocial well-being of people with disabilities.
Some of the specific goals are the following:
- To act considering the characteristics of people with disabilities and the context that will be part of the learning process.
- To develop their professional actions by integrating pedagogical, scientific, and disciplinary resources, considering and adapting their work to the characteristics of people with disabilities.
- Design projects and/or programs that promote the practice of physical activity in people with disabilities, detecting the opportunities present in the environment and generating proposals that contribute to the improvement of quality of life and biopsychosocial well-being.
- Promote and encourage the practice of physical activity and exercise for people with disabilities, whether they are public or private, and in the free exercise of professional activity, and healthy lifestyles, in people with disabilities.
- To perform their professional activities in the different levels of the educational system and in the different institutions of the health area associated with health promotion.
More information is in the following link: