Virtus is launching #35YourWay – to promote physical activity and to raise essential funds for Virtus
#35 Your Way is a way to stay resilient, stay active, healthy, and positive about returning to live events.
Originally published from: https://www.virtus.sport/35-your-way
The 35 Your Way campaign will run online challenges for athletes and friends, and fun ones for the whole family, via Playwaze – the online platform to compete the Challenges.
Registration fee is only £3.5 per person, per challenge. Participants can enter as many challenges; each challenge has a £3.5 fee, so 3 challenges = £10.5. Funds raised from the entry fees contribute to the fundraising! Follow Virtus Facebook to keep updated on the leader boards.
Join the global effort.
Sport and physical activity are essential to staying fit and healthy, especially during times of uncertainty and social distancing. Physical activity improves mental health, helps beat negative thoughts, lowers stress and depression, and strengthens the immune system.
#35YourWay campaign – it is a celebration of 35 years of Virtus athletes, coaches and officials, staff and volunteers, family, friends, and supporters.
Let’s support athletes to get back into Virtus World, Regional and Global Games.
- Download the Playwaze app from the usual app store or sign up via the website.
- The Registration fee is only GB£3.50 per person, per challenge. You can enter as many challenges as you want; each challenge has a GB£3.50 fee, so 3 challenges = £10.50
- Record your attempt, distance, time, or total count using an activity tracking app like Strava or manually.
- Challenge family and friends to join in the same challenge and compete on the leaderboard.
- Get family, friends, and community to donate to support your challenge.
- Blog about your attempts and your challenge on social media using the hashtag #35YourWay
Here’s a list of Virtus 35 Your Way challenges you can join.
- Walk/Run/Swim 35km in 35 days OR Cycle/Row 350km in 35 days.
- How fast can you do 35 skipping / 35 star-jumps?
- Futsal/Football/Soccer – How many successful juggles can you do in 3.5 minutes?
- Nothin’ but Net – Basketball/Netball – How many goal shots can you do in 3.5 minutes?
- Racquet Ball – Table Tennis, Tennis, Badminton & Squash – How many ball-rally hits can you do in a 3.5 minute?
Help raise awareness for the positive contribution that sport can have on inclusion and human rights.