In 2020, international researchers focused on optimizing participation outcomes for people with child-onset disability, planned to meet in the Norwegian mountains for a working conference on participation: CAPA2020. The planned outcome of that meeting was to write papers for a Special Edition on Participation published by Disability and Rehabilitation. Due to COVID-19 pandemic, we could not meet. Instead, we invited our Keynote speakers and presenters to submit their work for peer review to this edition. The Disability and Rehabilitation Special Edition: Capture the Magic: Participation for All – is now available for all.
The content of the Special Edition is in three parts: Factors influencing participation; Intervention ingredients and outcomes; Measures, tools and methods to support participation focused practice.
We are now meeting in the Norwegian mountains – at CAPA2022 Conference (Sept 13-15) and look forward to what is generated from this meeting in support of a more inclusive and participatory society.
Christine Imms, Reidun Janssen, Anna Ullenhag; Scientific committee of CAPA.
Editorial for special issue:
(2021) Capture the magic: participation for all, Disability and Rehabilitation,
- Kalleson R, Jahnsen R, Ostensjo S. Exploring participation in family and recreational activities among children with cerebral palsy during early childhood: how does it relate to motor function and parental empowerment? Disabil Rehabil. 2021. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2021.1894608. , [Google Scholar]
- Anaby D, Khetani M, Piskur B, et al. Towards a paradigm shift in pediatric rehabilitation: accelerating the uptake of evidence on participation into routine clinical practice. Disabil Rehabil. 2021. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2021.1903102. , [Google Scholar]
- Thornton AL, Hackett E, Wilkie A, et al. A qualitative exploration of motivations and barriers for community leisure organisations’ engagement with the JooayTM mobile app. Disabil Rehabil. In press. [Google Scholar]
- Kilgour G, Adair B, Stott NS, et al. Do physical activity interventions influence subsequent attendance and involvement in physical activities for children with cerebral palsy: a systematic review. Disabil Rehabil. 2021. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2021.1909151. , [Google Scholar]
- Axelsson AK, Ullenhag A, Odman P. A swedish cultural adaptation of the participation questionnaire functional scale of the disability evaluation system – child version. Disabil Rehabil. 2021. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2021.1917704. , [Google Scholar]
- Augustine L, Lygnegard F, Granlund M. Trajectories of participation, mental health, and mental health problems in adolescents with self-reported neurodevelopmental disorders. Disabil Rehabil. 2021. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2021.1955304. , [Google Scholar]
- King G, McDougall C, Kingsnorth S, et al. Program factors influencing parents’ engagement in a friendship-making intervention for youth with disabilities. Disabil Rehabil. 2020. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2020.1861115. , [Google Scholar]
- Willis C, Elliott C, Reid S, et al. Capturing the magic”: identifying the active ingredients of a physical activity participation intervention for children and youth with disabilities. Disabil Rehabil. 2021. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2021.1907458. , [Google Scholar]
- Miklos M, Jahnsen R, Nyquist A, et al. Here we are together, at home you are alone” – social interactions and personal engagement during a group-based rehabilitation program for young adults with disability. Disabil Rehabil. 2021. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2021.1921060. , [Google Scholar]
- Arnell S, Jerlinder K, Geidne S, et al. Experiences of stakeholder collaboration when promoting participation in physical activity among adolescents with autism spectrum disorder. Disabil Rehabil. 2021. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2021.1887944. , [Google Scholar]
- Shields N, Willis C, Imms C, et al. Feasibility of scaling-up a community-based exercise program for young people with disability. Disabil Rehabil. 2021. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2021.1903103. , [Google Scholar]
- Bentzen M, Malmquist LK. Differences in participation across physical activity contexts between adolescents with and without disability over three years: a self-determination theory perspective. Disabil Rehabil. 2021. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2021.1894489. , [Google Scholar]