Position Description: The Senior Manager will manage the Special Olympics Motor Activity Training Program (MATP) which is designed for athletes who are unable to participate in official Special Olympics sport competitions because of their skill and/or functional abilities. MATP helps prepare athletes including those with severe or profound intellectual disability (ID) and significant physical disabilities for sport-specific activities geared to their ability levels.
The Special Olympics Motor Activities Training Program (MATP) is designed for athletes with the greatest physical needs who do not yet possess the physical and/or behavioral skills necessary to participate in official Special Olympics sports. MATP provides a comprehensive motor activity and recreation training curriculum, emphasizing training and participation rather than competition.
- Create and implement global strategy for MATP re-brand rollout and global growth
- Develop & re-engage global MATP advisory committee
- Support creation, translation, and regional adaptation of MATP resources and training materials in both print and e-learning formats
- Manage and develop strategic partnerships with other nonprofit organizations and related professional organizations serving individuals with profound or multiple disabilities.
- Lead the planning and management of MATP demonstration events with the local organizing committee (LOC) at Special Olympics World and Regional Games
- Provide training and technical assistance to Regional Sports Directors and Special Olympics Programs on MATP
- Work directly with Development team to provide subject matter expertise needed to secure funding specifically for MATP
- Collaborate with Unified Schools and Health team members to create pathways and opportunities for inclusion of MATP athletes in various settings
- Lead the integration of health programming within MATP including health education to participants and caregivers focused on severe and chronic disease prevention.
- With Research and Evaluation, measure the impact of MATP on motor and social skills of athletes, select health indicators, as well as the social/emotional impact of MATP on other groups involved such as families, coaches, and peers.
- Collaborate with Communications team to curate MATP stories and multimedia content to be shared both internally and externally
- Support Coach Education team in a variety of projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of professional experience
- Professional experience working directly with persons with multiple/profound disabilities
- Experience managing Projects across multiple stakeholders, internal and external
- Experience developing resources and training materials
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong project management skills (planning, implementation, promotion and communications)
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Expert knowledge of MATP, adapted physical education, occupational or physical therapy in educational or recreational settings
- Previous work within Special Olympics or similar non-profit
- Previous international work and understanding of the different Special Olympics Regions
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions and drive results
- Interpersonal skills and cross-cultural competence
- Knowledge of research practices, comfortable working with research and evaluation processes
- Additional language skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a group
- Ability to travel independently
Apply here: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/SPE1016SPOL/JobBoard/48c569fb-e342-71d0-cf2c-f3622cec1d24/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=c58e2274-615b-40aa-9a12-b002502c4f14