Exploring Coach Learning, Development and Practice in the Context of Special Olympics
We are looking for Special Olympics coaches to take part in the above project as part of my PhD research.
Principal Investigator: Miss Amy Elizabeth Hardwick (PhD Student), Liverpool John Moores University
Supervisor: Dr Tabo Huntley (Senior Lecturer in Sport Coaching), Liverpool John Moores University
- To explore coach learning and development in Special Olympics
- To explore coaching practice within the Special Olympics context
- To explore how disability is socially constructed and was this is evident within coaching practice
- To amplify the voices of Special Olympics athletes with regards to their coaches and their experiences within SO sport
To take part you need to:
- Hold a recognised coaching position within a club, school or community organisation under the remit of Special Olympics
- Provides coaching regularly to an individual or a group within a recognised sport
- Has undertaken some form of sport coaching education or qualification
- Can speak and understand English
- Coach and athlete willing to take part in the study (they will need to speak and understand English, coaches will participate in 2 interviews, athletes 1)
For more information, please contact Amy using the details above!