Call for articles: Including persons with disabilities in sport
sportanddev is looking for articles in the run up to the International Day of Persons with Disabilities on 3 December.
In recognition of the forthcoming International Day of Persons with Disabilities on 3 December, we are inviting you to submit articles to sportanddev on the issue of including persons with disabilities in sport. This collection will be co-edited by Eli Wolff, Disability in Sport International/Power of sport Lab and Mary Hums, University of Louisville.
You can contribute on behalf of an organization highlighting how you are working on the issue or as an individual sharing your views on the topic. We are open to receiving articles on a range of subjects, but some questions to consider are:
- How are you including persons with disabilities in your programs, policies, organizations and communities?
- What are two to three challenges that you confront when working to include persons with disabilities in sport, and how do you seek to overcome these challenges?
- What information and resources would you like to see and have in your work toward including persons with disabilities in sport?
- What are two to three innovative ideas, tips, solutions or recommendations would you like to share and pass on to others with respect to including persons with disabilities in sport?
- Are sport for development organizations doing enough to include persons with disabilities in their programs? How can a wider variety of organizations be encouraged to include persons with disabilities?
- What are your views on the current state of policies related to this topic? What policies from governments or sports federations would lead to more effective inclusion of persons with disabilities in sport?
- What do you see as future opportunities for including persons with disabilities in sport?
Contributors are free to explore other questions in addition to those listed. Please submit responses to Tariqa Tandon on firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 13 November. Articles should ideally be 500-800 words, though longer or shorter articles may be considered. If possible, you should also include a high-res image with copyright information.
Please also include a 1-2 sentence biography of the author(s) and links to any websites or social media profiles you would like associated with the post.