The Canadian Disability Participation Project (CDPP) is an alliance of university, public, private, and government sector partners working together to enhance community participation among Canadians with physical disabilities. This organization is supported by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada.
Currently, CDPP is offering an online module course developed to help volunteers effectively assist athletes, spectators, and/or coaches with diverse disabilities. Volunteers’ respectful interactions and communication is key to ensuring a positive experience for everyone involved in an event and/or program.
Created by experts in the fields of disability, sport, and exercise, this module covers the following key topics:
- Defining and describing disability
- Communicating respectfully and effectively with persons living with disabilities
- History of Para sport and the classification process
- Benefits of sport participation for persons with disabilities
- How to facilitate positive, inclusive sport experiences for persons with disabilities
To access the course please visit the following link: https://cdpp.ca/sites/default/files/inclusion-module/#/