The Special Olympics World Games are the biggest inclusive sports event for people with and without intellectual disabilities, expecting around 7,000 athletes as well as Unified partners from 170 countries in Berlin from 17 to 25 June 2023. This event aims to make a sustainable contribution to an inclusive society and cause people to rethink things by hosting World Games and afterward.
The Local Organizing Committee (LOC) of Special Olympics World Games Berlin 2023 is looking for people to strengthen the team in division Sports with the position: “’Sports Development, Senior Manager’ (m/f/d)” in a full-time work of 40 hours a week and limited until 2023. The Sports Department is divided into the areas of Competition Organization, Sports Information, Referees & Officials, Sports Development & Cooperation, Young Athletes / Unified Experiences, and Award Ceremonies. The main focus is on the smooth running of the individual sports during the games.
Tasks work position are the following:
- First point of contact for the 26 Sport Working Groups which are responsible for the planning and implementation of the planned sports of the Special Olympics World Games Berlin 2023 (e.g. planning of meetings, travel logistics, accounting).
- Recruitment, registration, and organization of logistics for the technical officials (referees, match observers) from Germany and abroad
- Overall responsibility for the area of sports-specific education.
- Close cooperation with the staff of the national federation Special Olympics Deutschland e.V., who is responsible for the cooperation with the national federations and state federations of sports
- Technical leadership of a team of 3-4 employees.
- Overall responsibility for the non-competitive offer and the Young Athletes Program.
Application documents should be sent from starting date of Monday, August 1, 2022, on the career platform. For technical or organizational questions, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The website www.berlin2023.org provides all of the important information. More information about the work position on: