At the invitation of Dr. Abdul Razzaq Bani Irshaid President of Khorfakhan Club and Under the slogan, “Uses of Sports Technology for the Persons with Disability”, Khorfakkan Club for the Disabled will hold “Khorfakkan International Scientific Conference for Persons with Disability and Adapted Physical Education” on the period between 11-12 May 2023. The Conference will gather the elites of sports and physical education for persons with disability, and experts from all over the globe to exchange knowledge, thoughts, and expertise in light of the recent developments in the field of the adapted physical activity and education.
The conference objectives are;
- Highlighting the latest updates in technology utilizations of sports for persons with disability
- Meeting with scientists, intellectuals, experts, and those who are interested in matters presented in the conference to discuss ways of development
- To recognize the latest and updated technological devices and equipment being utilized in sports for persons with disability
- To support the cooperation between the different international and regional sports organizations and authorities in the field of sports for persons with disability
- To support the application of scientific research results in the different sports and physical fields for persons with disability and to provide scientific information related to it for all sports organizations, institutions, collages, authorities, and councils
- Health and sport habilitation role for persons with disability
- To spread innovation and excellence culture in sports sciences of persons with disability in the different communities
- To suggest strategies for improving sports for persons with disability
The Conference also will host figures in the field and keynote speakers such as Prof. Dr. David Legg, Prof. Dr. Cindy Sit, Prof. Dr. Aija Klavina, Prof. Dr. Hussein Abu Al-ruz, Prof. Dr. Omar Hindawi, Prof. Dr. Kwok Ng, Ms. Catherine Carty, Dr. Samir Qasim, and Dr. Antoanela Oltean. Several of whom are board members of IFAPA covering the following conference themes:
- Adapted physical activity science fields and keeping pace with its updates
- The devices and equipment utilized in sports fields for persons with disability and adapted physical activity
- Technology in sports fields for persons with disability and adapted physical activity
- Health and habilitation sciences in sports fields for persons with disability and adapted physical activity
- Psychological and social sciences in sports fields for persons with disability and adapted physical activity
- Sport training sciences and kinesiology in sports fields for persons with disability and adapted physical activity
- School physical education and educational techniques in sports fields for persons with disability and adapted physical activity
This scientific event came as the club seeks to cope with current developments in different fields and sciences, in order to achieve an international level of knowledge, coordination, and integration in the sports sciences which benefits the sports future in different regions generally, and the Middle East specifically.
The two-day conference will witness an array of side activities that coincide with this scientific gathering.
- Exhibition for companies manufacturing new devices and equipment utilized in sports for persons with disability
- Workshops in adapted physical activity science fields and its developments
- Training courses with internationally accredited certificates in sport habilitation for persons with disability
These events make the international event attractive to rich conversations and discussions that benefit this field.
More information can be found at https://drasa.ae/home/pages/events/?act=221