Special Olympics is currently seeking a consultant (individual or organization) to create evidence-based, standardized curricula to support Special Olympics fitness programming. A brief description of the work is provided below. The full request for proposal can be accessed via The RFP Database.
Special Olympics Fitness programming seeks to support athletes across the lifespan in achieving optimal health and performance through adequate physical activity, nutrition, and hydration. Special Olympics offers several Program Models and fitness resources that support the implementation of health and fitness initiatives for youth, including High 5 for Fitness and Unified Fitness Kits. Special Olympics is seeking a consultant (individual or organization) to create evidence-based, standardized curricula to support Special Olympics Programs and educators with the successful delivery of High 5 for Fitness and Unified Fitness Kit resources.
Specific responsibilities and deliverables include, but are not limited to (with a percentage of the time):
- Background Research for Curriculum Development (15%)
Review existing High 5 for Fitness and Unified Fitness Kit resources.
Conduct research to inform effective curriculum development.
- Curriculum Development (81%)
Develop one school-based High 5 curriculum per age group: 8-11, 12-14, and 15-21 years.
Develop one curriculum utilizing the Unified Fitness Kit resource.
- Monitoring, Communication, and Evaluation (4%)
Work with Special Olympics to assist in the development of a communication, dissemination, and evaluation plan.
Submit a one-page document outlining the support provided.
Timeline: Consultant work will begin in October 2022 and ends on April 30, 2023.
Criteria Proposals should include the flowing information:
Brief project description that outlines your vision and strategy for implementing project work (max. Two pages), inclusive:
- Overview of the overall approach and methodology proposed to respond to the expectations of the consultancy deliverables.
- Proposed project budget, including anticipated matrix o hours.
- 2-3 relevant samples of work.
- Brief description of the applicant’s qualifications and experience developing curricula in physical activity and health disciplines.
- Contact information for two to three references that would support your consultancy
Proposals must be sent via email to Sean Nevills, Manager of Fitness & Health in Schools, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
accessed the information via The RFP Database here: