Director of Innovation and Business Development
- Salary: Circa £58,000
- Location: Loughborough/ Manchester with remote working
As a key member of the executive team you will develop and drive an insight-led strategy. You will take hands on responsibility for staff across several specialist areas, the development of new external business relationships, direct revenue generation, preparation of funding bids and creating internal operating and cost efficiency.
You will be an impactful leader who is able to guide a team of committed staff. An innovator who is not limited by pre-existing processes. Someone who has a purposeful involvement at executive level and is an advocate for the organisation’s work and the interests of disabled people in all forums including government.
The ideal candidate will be an outstanding communicator with lived experience of disability. You will have commercial experience in the development of business partnerships, revenue generation, community engagement and impacting positive social change.
Director of Innovation and Business Development job description
Lead the Charity’s business development, introducing innovative and better practice across existing and future functions
- Significantly improve the Charity’s commercial practice and income generation, leading the Charity’s fundraising work to secure financial growth and sustainability
- Work with the Chief Executive and Strategic Lead – Partnerships and Programmes, to provide executive and strategic leadership to the organisation and in support of its Board and Members
- Directly responsible for the performance and impact of Corporate Services, Finance, Marketing and Communications, Research and Insight, Events and inclusive practice and Fundraising.
- Facilitate the development of new functions in particular relating to policy, public affairs and fundraising.
To work with the Chief Executive, Strategic Lead – Partnerships and Programmes, Board and staff to develop, communicate and deliver a clear vision, strategy, theory of change and delivery plans.
- To secure investment into Activity Alliance through the development of income generating services, coordination of funding bids and innovative models of financial sustainability.
- To effectively lead and manage the delivery of key Activity Alliance functions including Corporate Services (including financial planning and accountability), Marketing and Communications, Research and Insight and Events and inclusive practice.
- To ensure that the key “enabling” functions listed above are effective in supporting the whole organisation’s operation.
- Take lead responsibility for effective monitoring of all elements of the organisation’s performance, supporting reporting and accountability to Board and funding bodies
- Lead the drive to better practice and innovation across all Activity Alliance functions.
Shared Executive Responsibilities
To work with the Chief Executive and Strategic Lead – Partnerships and Programmes to:
- Continuously review opportunities to deliver Activity Alliance’s objectives through partnership and collaboration.
- Promote the work of the Charity and the interests of disabled people at all levels of Government and with other key stakeholder audiences. Ensure the profile of sport and activity for disabled people in England is highly visible.
- Maintain an overview of the organisation’s corporate goals and lead the organisation and senior team in pursuit of those goals.
- Support the development of new capacity to take the Charity forward
- Lead and guide the senior management team through continuous change and transition, demonstrating strong and clear leadership.
- Ensure sound strategic, financial and business planning, budgeting and management.
- Ensure sound policies and processes are in place for the development and management of staff.
- Work in close collaboration with key partners in supporting disabled people to become more active.
- Produce and present to Board, papers and proposals for consideration and for approval.
- Support the work of Activity Alliance in the public domain and represent the organisation in an executive capacity where and when required.
Read the Director of Innovation and Business Development job pack
How to apply
Deadline is 14 August 2020.
If you are interested in this role then please contact Adil Ghani (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Rachael Latham (email@example.com)
The Ability People are disability inclusion specialists founded in 2018 by Paralympian, Liz Johnson. The recruitment and selection process will be accessible and we will ensure that the process is adapted to accommodate all interested candidates.
Pride and passion are at the heart of everything we do at Activity Alliance. We know that sport and active recreation change lives for the better. We have achieved much and work with so many fantastic people and organisations. However, our aim of achieving “Fairness for disabled people in sport and activity” remains to be achieved.
Our work is guided by insight and the lived experience of disabled people and a passionate commitment to working with partners to remove barriers.