Job Title: Athlete Health Collaboration Lead
Location: Loughborough with UK and European Travel when required
Salary: £35k-£40k (based on experience) plus benefits including private medical insurance
Contract Period: Permanent (6 months’ probation period)
Hours: 0.6FTE (based on 37.5hr wk). Role will include unsociable hours including evenings and weekends.
Closing Date: Midnight Wednesday 30th June 2021
Interviews: W/C Monday 5th July 2021 (Virtual via Zoom)
This is a critical role to support maintaining elite athlete health and well-being as they navigate club and country requirements: Key focus areas include:
- Collaborate with the CMO to develop and lead a coordinated process of athlete health (physical health and mental health) and injury management pathways across the Women’s Premier League, International clubs and GB core team.
- Collaborate with the athlete’s club and country core support teams to ensure return to training plans are optimal for athlete rehabilitation, recovery and eventual return to training. Implementing milestones for formal progression reviews and full team case reviews.
- Align all referral pathways to NGB policies regarding complex case management in safeguarding and athlete welfare.
- To collaborate with coaching and performance support teams across GB, Professional Clubs and Women’s Premier League Clubs to develop and implement a process of ‘athlete handover’ that ensures a smooth transition for the athlete from country to club and vice versa.
- To develop and lead between 4 and 6 Athlete Health workshops for Women’s Premier League Team Staff and European Professional League Staff, creating a community of practice that shares knowledge and experience in optimal health and development of athletes with impairments.
- Contribute to positive ongoing development of the Women’s Premier League Teams by supporting them to deliver action plans on minimal operating standards, requirements and professional standards.