The 24th International Symposium of Adapted Physical Activity (ISAPA 2023) date is approaching soon. Renowned keynote lecturers are invited to offer workshops and panels of discussions with a lot of learning possibilities.
Invited speakers will present some of their latest work and different relevant topics for the field highlighting the participation of:
- Paula Tesoriero-Chief Executive, Whaikaha – Ministry of Disabled
- Andrew Leslie-Chief Executive, Nuku Ora
- Michael Woods-Consultant, Inclusive Sport Design
- David Howe-Professor, Western University Ontario
- Emma Beckman-Dr, University of Queensland
- Harko Brown-Specialist Educator, Harko Brown
- Simon Darcy-Professor, University of Technology Sydney
- Brenda O’Donnell-Strategic Manager, Active Disability Ireland
- Lindsay Games-Strategic Lead, Sport England
This event is a fantastic opportunity to get practical tips and insights for professional learning and development for schoolteachers, teacher aides, physical education teachers, outdoor recreation teachers, and any professionals interested in adapted physical activity. Three Parallel sessions will take place including the topics of Inclusion, Health & Wellbeing and Disability, and Active Recreation.
Practitioner (practical) sessions are planned daily and include the following themes:
- Expanding Special Olympics global research in adapted physical activity – Alicia Dixon Ibarra
- Unified sports: reimagining disability in Alberta school sports- Emily Lines
- Adapt to Flourish – Shanley Joyce & Sarah-Lee Jacobs
- Empowering Schools – Lynn Kilpatrick
- Inclusive physical activity school culture – Zara Taylor
- Quality APA – Dr Amy Latimer Cheung
- From Data to Para Report Card: a workshop on assigning grades on disability data – Dr Kwok Ng
- Inclusion Training – Halberg Foundation
- Active Disability Ireland
- Sport England
In addition, during ISAPA 2023 an Adapted Sports Day is planned to be held in the Forsyth Barr Stadium on Sunday 25th June.
Have you confirmed your participation?
Registrations can be made at www.isapa2023.com